May 26, 2020
Dear Friends of Christ,
It’s hard to believe that we have been doing online only worship only for 9 weeks. As I have said before, thank God for technology that enabled us to continue to stay connected with each other and reach many more people with the Good News of Jesus Christ through our streaming services. God has opened up a door that we stepped into very quickly, and we continue to learn new things each and every week. God has reminded me, and hopefully you, that while we haven’t been together physically we will always be together in Christ.
Thankfully, this Sunday, May 31st, which just happens to be Pentecost Sunday, we will have the opportunity to worship together in person or online at 8, 9:30 or 11 am. However, things will be a little bit different like so many other things due to Covid-19. Some procedures we began the last time we met together on March 15th.
We will only be offering worship services this Sunday. That means there will be no nursery, Worship Kids Style, Adult Bible Classes or coffee and donuts in between services. For now, we want to limit personal contact and try to prevent spreading the virus.
Our procedures will be:
- We will usher people in and out of worship to maintain social distancing.
- We will have bulletins, but only for those who can’t read the screen (this will also help us determine if we need to continue to print the whole service every week, our services are presented on the screen and most of our bulletins are thrown away immediately after each service).
- Communion will be “serving line style” where each worshipper will come and take a cup with a wafer on top. Each cup and wafer will be spread out every few slots in the tray to keep people from touching other cups and wafers. If a person needs communion brought to the pew, we will still be able to offer this service.
- We will not be passing offering plates. Offering plates will be placed for people to give their gift to the Lord. (During the last 9 weeks we’ve seen an increase in online giving. This is a great way to give and can easily be done by signing up on our website or church app).
- We will have a team of people cleaning the church in-between services. (If this is a way you can serve, please let Kimberly in the church office know as soon as possible).
- Worshipers are not required to wear a mask, however if you feel you need to wear one, please do. We will have some face shields available if you forgot yours or you changed your mind after arriving at church.
If you feel like you are not ready to come back to worship this week because of a weak immune system or for any other reason, we understand. In fact, we encourage you to continue to watch online until the time comes that you feel you are able. And, of course, if you are sick please stay home for your sake and the sake of others. If you are not able to worship with us and would like communion, please let one of the pastors know and we will work out a way for you to receive this special gift of our Lord.
Finally, thank you for your encouragement and grace during these last couple of months. While we’ve had many glitches, your support for the Lord and His Church has been such a blessing. You are loved and very important part of God’s family. If you have any questions or need clarification, please let us know.
Looking forward to seeing you,